OFFICE OF THE CITY MANAGER
Danielle J. Judd, City Manager
The City Manager is appointed by the City Council and serves at the pleasure of the Council. As the Chief Administrative Officer for the City of Green Cove Springs, the City Manager is responsible for the administration of all City affairs and departments and the execution of the City Council’s 2025 Vision Plan. The City Manager’s Office oversees all general government programs and services, as well as enterprise operations for municipal utilities. The City Manager is responsible for enforcing all City laws, ordinances and policies; attends all Council meetings; prepares the Annual City Budget and Capital Improvement Plan; and performs other duties as assigned by the City Council.
The future plan for Green Cove Springs is best conveyed by its Mission Statement which states simply that "Tomorrow's Vision" will create a plan that will define our unique identity, assure quality of life, and make Green Cove Springs a premier 21st century city that reflects our traditional values, natural features, and historic characteristics.”
The Mission of the City Manager’s Office is to:
- Execute City Council policy to achieve goals and objectives.
- Serve the public in a professional manner with the highest standard of ethics and superior customer service.
- Represent the City in relations with the public, the media and other governmental entities.
- Demonstrate leadership to promote teamwork amongst all employees.
- Foster a positive business climate conducive to attracting and retaining development and redevelopment throughout the City.
- Present a balanced Annual Budget and Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) using realistic revenue and sustainable expense estimates to ensure fiscal stability.
Ms. Judd was appointed to the office of City Manager on January 24, 2011. Prior to her appointment to the position of City Manager in Green Cove Springs, she served for five (5) years as the Assistant City Manager for Alachua, Florida and was employed by the City of Alachua for nearly eight (8) years. During her tenure in Alachua she served as the Grants & Contracts Director and the Planning and Community Development Director. Ms. Judd graduated from the University of Florida in 1986 with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science. Ms. Judd has over 20 years of experience in the public sector and a strong background in financial management and budget development having served as a Budget Officer. Ms. Judd is a full member of the International City Manager’s Association and a full member of the Florida City County Management Association (FCCMA). She also represents District II in the FCCMA as a member of its Board of Directors.