Parks and Recreation Facilities Information
PARKS & RECREATION FACILITIES
The docking facilities at the City pier are closed until further notice due to damage suffered during Hurricane Matthew.
SPECIAL NOTICE: Due to the construction in Spring Park and the Pool area, the Large Pavilion will not be available for use or reservations until the end of construction. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
There are 5 recreation facilities located in, and operated by, the City of Green Cove Springs.
- Spring Park, 106 Walnut Street - A beautiful park located along the St. Johns River, one block east of City Hall, it features playground equipment, picnic facilities, gazebo, a spring-fed swimming pool, and the City Pier. Group reservations may be made by contacting Julie Clevinger at (904) 297-7500 ext. 3307. For more information, click here .
- City Pier - The Pier, located at the east end of Walnut Street, is a 500 foot pier with 12 boat slips. Water and electric are available for a nominal fee. A two-night minimum stay is also available for a fee. For more information, click here.
- Augusta Savage Friendship Park - The park, located at the corner of Walburg Street and Pine Avenue on a beautiful oak shaded lot, has a playground designed for younger children and families. For more information, click here.
- Vera Francis Hall Park, 1400 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd - The park, located at the west end of Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd., backs up to Governors Creek. Group reservations may be made by contacting Julie Clevinger at (904) 297-7500 ext. 3307. For more information, click here.
- Thomas Hogans Memorial Gym - The Gym, located at 415 Lemon Street, is part of the Augusta Savage Arts & Community Center. Hours of Operation: Open Thursday - Tuesday, 3 p.m. to 7 p.m., including Saturday and Sunday. Closed Wednesday. For more information and to make a reservation, click here.
- City Pool - Part of Spring Park, and continuously fed with water from the Spring.
- Augusta Savage Arts & Community Center - 1107 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. and 415 Lemon Street, site of the Thomas Hogan Memorial Gym. Augusta Savage ACC / Hogans Gym Sports Waiver
- Magnolia Park - Located on Harbor Road, across from the entrance to Magnolia Point.
To make a Reservation, download and complete the Park Reservation Application and Park Indemnification Agreement. It is highly recommended that these forms be completed prior to submission if they are being hand-delivered. These may be submitted in one of the following manners:
1. Hand-delivered to City Hall, 2nd Floor.
2. After hours, hand-delivered to City Hall in the night drop-box located at the drive-thru.
3. Mail to: City Hall
321 Walnut Street,
Green Cove Springs, FL 32043.
ATTN: Park Reservations
NOTE: If someone comes in to make a reservation between the time you mail your paperwork and the time it is received, that reservation will take precedence. ALL paperwork and payment must be received to process and confirm a reservation.
***Park Reservation Application
***Park Indemnification Agreement
General Park Information
This link provides general information for Spring Park and Vera Francis Hall Park including available seating at each Shelter.
All Reservations must be made at least seven (7) calendar days, but no more than six (6) months, in advance. Please note when making reservations that City Hall is closed on Fridays.
***Both the Reservation Application and Indemnification Agreement, along with the reservation fee(s), must be submitted in order to confirm a reservation.
For the current schedule of reservations, click on the Parks and Recreation Calendar to your left.
Reservation Fees (cash, check, or money order only):
NOTE: NEW FEES EFFECTIVE 01/01/15.
Spring Park - Gazebo - $400 (Max. 5 hours - any block of 5 hours)
Large Pavilion - $200
Small Pavilion - $100
Large Picnic Shelter - $75
Small Picnic Shelter (A) - $50
Small Picnic Shelter (B) - $50
Vera Francis Hall Park - Amphitheater - $400
Picnic Shelter (A) - $75
Picnic Shelter (B) - $75
Softball Field - $200 (All Reservations)
Reservation Fees are non-refundable. However, reservations may be re-scheduled provided no reservations have already been made for the date, time, and shelter(s) desired.
If you have any questions, please contact Julie Clevinger at (904) 297-7500, ext. 3307 or email@example.com.
MAP OF SPRING PARK: