The Green Cove Springs Police Chaplain is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to:
- Counsel law enforcement personnel and their families
- Visit sick or injured officers and departmental personnel in homes and hospitals
- Assist with death notifications
- Provide assistance to crime victims and their families
- Provide training to law enforcement personnel in areas such as stress management, ethics, family life and pre-retirement
- Respond to major incidents and crises when their services may be required
- Assist with suicide incidents and other personal tragedies in the community
- Serve as the police department's liaison with other clergy in the community
- Provide for the spiritual needs of prisoners as necessary
- Provide guidance on issues related to religions
- Offer prayers at special occasions such as recruit graduations, award ceremonies and dedications
- Serve on review boards, award boards and other committees as invited.
Serving with S.P.I.R.I.T.