The Green Cove Springs Police Department is privileged to have a highly qualified and experienced civilian Chaplain, Dr. Mark Nicholson, who serves in a variety of support roles both within the agency and throughout the community. The Police Chaplain is a volunteer who donates his time to the Green Cove Springs community and the police officers who serve it.
Dr. Nicholson is also the Chaplain for the Region Four Critical Incident Stress Management Team.
The Green Cove Springs Police Chaplain is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to:
- Counsel law enforcement personnel and their families
- Visit sick or injured officers and departmental personnel in homes and hospitals
- Assist with death notifications
- Provide assistance to crime victims and their families
- Provide training to law enforcement personnel in areas such as stress management, ethics, family life and pre-retirement
- Respond to major incidents and crises when their services may be required
- Assist with suicide incidents and other personal tragedies in the community
- Serve as the police department's liaison with other clergy in the community
- Provide for the spiritual needs of prisoners as necessary
- Provide guidance on issues related to religions
- Offer prayers at special occasions such as recruit graduations, award ceremonies and dedications
- Serve on review boards, award boards and other committees as invited.
For additional information regarding the Green Cove Springs Police Chaplain program, contact Chaplain Mark Nicholson via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Serving with S.P.I.R.I.T.