Welcome! If you are moving to the City of Green Cove Springs, we look forward to serving you. Click on the links to your left to get started.

For My Business

Start Commercial Service

Before You Get Started...

You will need to have the following information before completing an application to Start Services. All Commercial Service request start with the Development Services Department.

Commercial Utility Application

Commercial Start Services Checklist
  • Address of location to start services
  • Square Footage of Facility
  • Social Security Number or Federal Tax ID Number
  • Company Name
  • Business Officer name(s), official titles, and signatures
  • Copy of driver's license of officers signing for service
  • Contact phone number
  • Commercial establishments in Green Cove Springs require a building inspection.
  • The deposit shall be two times an average month's bill for all services of a similar nature, including power cost adjustment and other charges constituting the total bill. 
    • Commercial utility deposits may be made via cash, irrevocable letter of credit or properly assigned certificates of deposit, or combination thereof, providing that those noncash forms must be issued by companies licensed to operate within the state and, in the case of banks, savings and loan associations and the like be eligible as public fund depositories as defined by the State of Florida Department of Banking. In the case of certificates of deposit, while the city shall hold the original instrument, interest may be paid to the owner directly from the financial institution. The city will not pay interest on any deposits.
    • Commercial deposits are refunded upon termination of service.

Starting Service with a Meter
The City does not promise same day service however we will make every attempt to see that our customer's request to start, stop or transfer service is handled as efficiently as possible. Please note a few exceptions:
  • Completing the application for service at least one business day ahead of your move-in will help ensure an early connection of service.
  • A Safety Inspection must be ordered by the owner of the property and service will not be given until the property passes the safety inspection (City and County requirement).
  • If your home is a new service point, it may take longer.

Starting Service without a Meter
If you are building a home and your meter has not been set, you will need to contact Development Services at 904-297-7500 x 5 or via email at building@greencovesprings.com.

Stop Commercial Service
In order to stop service to a property, please print the Disconnection of Utility Service Form, and return the Form to the Customer Service Department at City Hall. 

Move Commercial Service
Are you currently a commercial customer and wish to move services to another property? If so, please follow the Start Commercial Service at the top of the page. 

If you need any further information, please contact us at 
Phone: 904-297-7500 x 5, 
Fax: 904-284-4843, 
or via email at building@greencovesprings.com