Garbage & Recycling Preparation Instructions
(Includes food and other household waste)
Garbage must be bagged and tied and placed in the container provided by the City. Do not place loose garbage in the container. Garbage should be placed curbside no later than 7 am on collection day. The City provides twice-a-week pickup on the following days: Monday and Thursday, Tuesday and Friday.
(Grass clippings, leaves, tree limbs, palm fronds, etc.)
Must be placed at curbside in plastic bags for pickup. Tree limbs which are too large for containers and not larger than 4 inches in diameter and 4 feet in length, may be placed at curbside in parallel stack of no more than 3 feet by 3 feet by 6 feet (54 cubic feet) for pickup. Yard trash is limited to a maximum of 20 bags.
(By appointment only. Call 904-297-7500, Option 3.)
Items such as appliances and furniture may be picked up in the following quantities, once per month by appointment only:
- Furniture: 2 pieces
- Appliances: 1 item
Federal Law requires that all refrigerators and freezers shall have all doors removed prior to outside placement.
A recycle bin is provided by the City and should be placed at curbside. Additional recyclables may be placed in brown paper bags and placed beside the bin for pick up.
- Newspapers with inserts: clean and dry. Either bundled or placed in brown paper grocery bags
- Cardboard: clean and dry. Must be flattened and cut to a size no bigger than 3 feet by 3 feet.
- Magazines and catalogs: clean and dry
- Steel (tin) cans: empty and no lids
- Aluminum beverage cans: empty
- All Number 1 and Number 2 recyclable containers with screw or pop tops: No Lids. Numbers may be found on the bottom of the containers.
- Glass Containers: empty and clean, brown, green or clear, with no lids. May not be broken!
Household Hazardous Waste
The Rosemary Hill Solid Waste Management Facility accepts residentially generated hazardous waste such as:
- Pool cleaner
- Auto cleaner
- Used oil
Drop-off is preferred on: Monday through Friday 7:30 am to 4 pm.
You Must Separate
All garbage, yard trash and recyclables must be kept separate for pickup. A mix of any of these items will result in no pickup service and the resident will be notified to separate the trash items. Fines and penalties may be imposed. (City Code Sec. 58-7)