Parks & Recreation Facilities Information
The following recreation facilities are located in, and operated by, the City of Green Cove Springs.
- Spring Park, 200 Spring Street - A beautiful park located along the St. Johns River, one block east of City Hall, it features playground equipment, picnic facilities, gazebo, a spring-fed swimming pool, and the City Pier.
- City Pool - Part of Spring Park, and continuously fed with water from the Spring.
- City Pier - The Pier, located at the east end of Walnut Street, is a 500-foot pier with 12 boat slips. Water and electric are available for a nominal fee. A two-night minimum stay is also available for a fee.
- Augusta Savage Friendship Park - The park, located at the corner of Walburg Street and Pine Avenue on a beautiful oak-shaded lot, has a playground designed for younger children and families.
- Vera Francis Hall Park, 1400 Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard - The park, located at the west end of Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard, backs up to Governors Creek.
- Thomas Hogans Memorial Gym - The Gym, located at 415 Lemon Street, is part of the Augusta Savage Arts and Community Center. Open Monday through Sunday 3 pm - 7 pm. Closed holidays.
- Augusta Savage Arts and Community Center - 1107 Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard and 415 Lemon Street, site of the Thomas Hogan Memorial Gym.
- Augusta Savage Museum and Mentoring Building - Cultural and information resource space for the community for arts, education, after-school tutoring, and art museum space celebrating life and work of sculptor Augusta Savage. Currently taking volunteer teacher applications for programming.
- Augusta Savage Arts and Community Center Park - Augusta Savage Arts and Community Center Park is located behind Thomas Hogans Memorial Gym and beside the Augusta Savage Community Center soccer field. The park includes a small playground and a picnic area with a grill.
- Magnolia Park - Located on Harbor Road, across from the entrance to Magnolia Point.