Local Emergency Numbers
If you have a life-threatening emergency, dial 911.
- Green Cove Springs Police Department: 904-529-2220 or 904-297-7300
- Clay County Fire/Rescue: 904-284-7703
- Clay County Sheriff's Office: 904-284-7575
- Florida Poison Information Center: 800-222-1222
- Northeast Florida American Red Cross: 904-358-8091
Non-Storm Power / Electric Outage
If you need to report a power outage or downed power lines during a non-storm situation, you may call 904-297-7500:
- Option 2 for the electric department
- Option 1, for City Hall and the utilities desk
Monday through Thursday, 7 am to 5:30 pm.
On weekends and holidays weekdays, on Monday through Thursday from 5:30 pm until 7 am the next day, and Fridays, you may call: Police Department at 904-297-7300.
After Hours Water Problems
At night and on weekends call the Police department: 904-297-7300 or 529-2220.
During a Major Storm or Natural Disaster
During these events the operations center for City staff is the Green Cove Springs Police Department/EOC located at 1001 Idlewild Avenue.
If you need to contact the City to report power outages, downed trees, or other storm-related problems during a major storm or other natural disaster, call the Police Department at 904-529-2220 or 297-7300.
Storm & Disaster Preparedness
There are several links with information designed to assist you in preparation for hurricanes and other major storms, as well as other natural disasters and hazards created through accidents.
Clay County Emergency Management
- Clay County Office of Emergency Management
- Clay County All Hazards Preparedness Guide (PDF)
There are several helpful links through the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) National Hurricane Center and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA):